Fool for you!

Oh! What woe we cause ourselves
Over finding love that is forever and true
We fret and fawn, meddle and moan,
Turn into varied shades of red,green and blue!

For every time we meet a boy
Who is gentle as the moon
And bright as the sun
Our heart goes into a swoon
And our mind screams "He's THE ONE"

Every good deed is magnified
And flaws (if any) are vilified
Hellbent on discovering our soulmate in disguise
We turn to our superpower to over-analyse

"He maybe jobless
and without a wage
But he's trying so hard
to turn a new page
He's so smart
and his thoughts so sage
But he looks so boyish
like he's just out of college
What, oh, what must be his age?"

"There's this guy on my mind
as I write a sappy ditty
Gasp! He hates Titanic,
only the-greatest-love-story-EVER! The tragedy! The pity!
But he makes me laugh more than F.R.I.E.N.D.S,
Sigh.. he's so charming and he's sooo witty
I think I may have a crush on him
(But just itty-bitty)
So what if he's from another city?!"

"He's just so perfect, he's just sooo right.
We're so good together we just can't fight
He's so talented, he can even cook
Whipped up a gourmet meal and fed it to me by candlelight
Then he strummed his guitar, sang me a song he'd written
Sigh! what a wonderfully romantic night...
But this was 8 hours ago,
should I call him or wait? Oh what a terrible plight!"

"So he's the love of my life but it's complicated
And he's unlike any other guy
He notices things & remembers stuff
He's kind, thoughtful, sensitive & shy
He brushed my shoulder, touched my hand
And hugged me for THIRTY seconds as he said goodbye
Well, he's kinda committed but that can't last
He likes me too - said it himself & he can't lie
Oh Good Lord, why won't you cause his girlfriend to die?"

Wily and wise
In love we become otherwise
Usually composed and cool
How do we turn into such romantic fools?

0 critiques:

Post a Comment